Thursday, March 22, 2007

CQ Class Update


This is my class block so far. Not many of the laces and trims made the final cut. The motif I was thinking of for the lower right corner is still an option. The other motif has been changed to an idea for a curly button motif with trailing beads. I have an idea for a ribbon bow under the silk ribbon flowers.

In the lower left corner, I've started a fairly random area of textured fill in stitches that I'm liking so far. The upper left seam is buttonhole over herringbone I found on Annie's blog. I'm fairly sure
I've also seen it on Sharon's site also. It's a little twisted in spots, but that will get straightened out when I add beads. The green seam almost across the middle was the first one I did and I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike and tell me what to do with it now that it's there. The little pink seam that looks like V's is up and down buttonhole. That's a new stitch for me that I picked up from Take A Stitch Tuesday. I don't know if I'd use the straight form of it, but I like the angles. None of the seams are finished yet, but this is what I have so far.

5 comments:

Lin Moon said...

Wow, Kate! This is just beautiful! I love the colors and your green wheels are so perfectly done!

Lin Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin Moon said...

Wow, Kate! This is just beautiful! I love the colors and your green wheels are so perfectly done!

Candi Harris said...

Kate your block is absolutely beautiful! Your work IS gorgeous!
HUGZ:)
Candi

NormaH said...

Gee, what can I say ..... I started commenting at the finish and hadn't looked for the beginning. Maybe this will teach me to look for the start first.