Saturday, June 16, 2007

Crazy Quilt Project Detail 2

Another detail from the project I just finished.

The flower was a purchased trim. I can't quite remember which kind, but it has the look of a Christmas season type of trim that I probably picked up for a bargain. I added the gold thread swirls next to the flower. The ends of the swirls ended up hidden behind the matt in the frame. I started this project a couple of years ago and then hit a creative block. Not knowing what was missing, I showed it to the recipient and told her my plan was to make it into a pillow, but I wasn't sure. I gave her some options and she chose to have it in a frame. Because I hadn't intended to frame it when I began, there was a bit of stitching around the edges that you don't see in the frame. I ended up adding a bit more stitching to it in the last few weeks. It is finished now and I'm happy with how it turned out.
In addition to the flower, this detail shows a seam done of herringbone in #5 perl cotton with French knots and straight stitch accents in rayon ribbon knitting yarn. The other bit is the end of another seam with eyelet type trim that has pink silk ribbon threaded through the openings and chain stitches along the sides in gold thread.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

Again, your stitching is very nice! So delicate.

matilda said...

E' meraviglioso questo fiore...
mi piacerebbe saperlo fare.
ciao, matilda

Virgi said...

The wait flower looks perfect!
Thanks for sharing it!