Thursday, November 15, 2007

Crazy Quilt Stockings

It's that time of year again. The time when I dig out all the unfinished Christmas projects and promise myself this will be the year they are finished. I skipped it last year because I had a new baby in the house. This year, I make no promises. I'll get done what I can, and there's always next year.

Several years ago, I started a set of crazy quilted Christmas stockings for my family. There isn't really much left to do with the embellishments. Once that's done, they'll just need to be assembled. The biggest task to get these finished this year is making another one. When I started them, I only needed four. Now, there are five of us. Each one is different with a separate theme for the person it was created for. That will make creating a new one easier. I don't have to worry about matching the style and fabrics, only shape.

In the spirit of giving and to help keep me focused, I've decided to do a series of blog posts about this project. My goal is to post a detail photo with a description of the stitches and embellishments used. Daily would be ideal, but my husband and I are spending our weekends house hunting. So, Monday through Friday is more likely.

I'll start things off with a full shot of my daughter's stocking. Hers is the most Christmasy. She chose red and green for her colors. Her theme is cats and frogs, her favorite animals. Clicking on the photo will bring up a larger view.

No comments: