Saturday, April 05, 2008

Long time no blog...

Not much stitching going on lately. The only thing I've done in the last month is the post card for Susan. I'll get a picture up soon. I had great plans for the Take it Further Challenge, but I've become obsessed with a new project. It's finally starting to sink in that for the first time in my life I have a home of my own. It's not my parents' home or my grandparents'. It's not one of the Navy's housing units I lived in as a kid. It's not one of the apartments we rented. It's a home for my family. It's mine and my husband's. It's amazing. I even have a yard to take care of, complete with leaves to rake and play in. What you see in the photo is the future home of my vegetable garden. I have never had a garden before. I am so excited. So, instead of stitching, my "me" time has been all about researching companion planting, composting, starting seeds, and drawing scale maps of where to put all my veggies and herbs.

Stitching will resume sooner or later.

No comments: