Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stocking Bit 11

A simple thing, these seed beads. I searched through my stash many times and couldn't find a color that was right for this spot. I, finally, just went to the craft store and bought more beads. It's difficult to believe there was nothing suitable in my stash, but there wasn't.

I sewed the little heart charm on with thread that I hope will blend in when you look at it from a distance. If it works, you will only notice the heart.

The fine gold web is also new here. The 'thread' is more like a tinsel type fiber. It's small, but fits the spot just right. I haven't decided if I will add a spider or not. Maybe a tiny one with a dark purple sewing thread?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will admit I am not a crazing quilting fan but I can't wait to see the big reveal for this stocking. From all the details, its is going to be stunning.

Anonymous said...

I love your feather stitch. The simplest things are usually the best. I know *exactly* how you can have hundreds of bead colors and not have the right one. =)