Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Scrapbook

A while back, I was asked to decorate a cover for a scrapbook being made for the secretary at church. She is retiring this week after 19 years as our church's secretary. We had a celebration luncheon this past Sunday. The scrapbook is a compilation of cards, letters, stories, and memories contributed by members of the congregation. I used a white on white printed fabric for the background and embroidered over the design. The cross was crocheted with a size 10 hook. The motifs are tatting cotton and the border is size 12 perle cotton. The tiny hook is not my favorite to work with, but I love the tiny lacy things it makes. For the name, I enlarged a font that I liked and printed the outline of it.

1 comment:

NormaH said...

Really nice job Kate. Something Sarah will treasure because it is a gift of love.