Monday, October 22, 2007

MeMe

I've been tagged by Candi for my first MeMe! Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.


Now for the 7 facts about me:

1. I love God.

2. I have three children, ages 17, 14, and 1. I love each one of them the most.

3. I have the best husband. We've been together for 10 years. I love him more every day.

4. At 4 months old, we discovered the baby was allergic to wheat. Some friends suggested she had already gotten most of the benefit from nursing, so I should give her formula and continue eating whatever I wanted. I never had to think about it. I gave up everything with wheat in it. The list is quite extensive and includes sandwiches, pizza, cookies, crackers, and almost everything that comes from a can or box. With a few exceptions, I cook nearly everything from scratch. As a result, I have lost an extra 30 pounds after losing the baby weight and we are much healthier. The baby just had her first birthday. She shows no sign of wanting to give up nursing yet.

5. There is only one thing I miss since giving up wheat. My husband and I had a traditional date night of Chinese take out and a rented movie. We've gone on fancier dates, but that was always my favorite. Unfortunately, Chinese food is full of wheat. It's in the soy sauce.

6. I have more projects planned and/or started than I could possibly finish anytime soon. They include all sorts of things: knitting, traditional quilts, crazy quilts, doll clothes, paintings, scrapbooks, ornaments.

7. I met my husband online. At the time, we lived on opposite sides of the country.

And for the 7 people I tag:
Ati
Mindy
Lori
Jo in NZ
JoWynn
LinMoon
Carol-Anne

No comments: