Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stocking Detail 7

The cat is the focal motif on this stocking. I don't usually care for premade patches in my crazy quilting, but my daughter picked this out and it fits. I wouldn't have thought of it myself. The same patch was used on a round robin block I had sent out. I did several round robins when I was new to crazy quilting. It was a great way to learn new techniques and see other stitchers' work up close.
The seam to the right of the cat is feather stitch done with two strands of gold metallic floss. The accent stitches are French knot and pistil stitches done with two strands of green metallic floss and one strand of green rayon floss.
The spider web is a thinner metallic thread done with straight stitches. To the right of that is another seam done with two strands of gold metallic floss. I can't seem to find the name for that stitch. I must have seen it somewhere, but it doesn't show up on any of my other crazy quilt pieces. It may be a variation of the feather stitch or the fly stitch. It looks like fly stitches with the anchoring stitches angled to form the zigzag.
The little black cat is a bead I got while vacationing in Washington.

No comments: