Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stocking Detail 8

The last detail of this stocking is the top section. There are two frog charms and a cat bead. The cat matches the one in the focal patch from yesterday. One of the frogs is a prince in disguise. He's wearing a little crown on his head. Someday, I hope my daughter finds her prince.
The right seam was done with one strand of gold metallic floss and one strand of red rayon floss. It started with a base of cretan stitch. Then straight stitches and knots were added. The left seam was made with rayon knitting ribbon. Each stitch has a knot on the end. A variety of red and green beads are sewn along the seam. With the same beads, I added a little dangly bit where the seams intersect.
To finish it off, my daughter's name is sewn in bright red beads.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is so sweet! I love the charms!