Thursday, August 14, 2008

Harvest & Inspiration

The garden produced quite a bit today. This is the most I've harvested. Usually, I might get a cucumber or zucchini and a few green beans. Today was the first of the broccoli, eggplants, jalepeno, and acorn squash. Along with that, I've got zucchini, cucumber, a pickling cucumber, chili peppers, a couple of cherry tomatoes, basil, parsley, and coriander. The cherry tomatoes are just starting to ripen, but the basket needed a bit of color. There are a few plants not represented here, but it seems that most of what I'm growing is green.

I don't know if I'll follow through on the inspiration, but I'll be taking more pictures of the various veggies I pick from my first garden. The theme for next year's Quilting Arts calendar contest is "Fresh Picked". I have ideas, but I'm better with creating ideas than creating finished projects. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That all just makes my mouth water! Such wonderful shades of green!